TEAM & VALUES
A small START-up spanning two countries Spain and Switzerland headquartered in Madrid. We are a diverse bunch with ten nationalities,
90% of our management team are +50 years coming from diverse business, FINTECH and tech backgrounds. Our CTO and tech team including programmers, DEV Ops, APP developers and coders are based in Talavera de la Reina, Toledo one hour from Madrid.
Our team are our single most valuable resource adding value to our balance sheet way beyond a cost that needs to be managed and reduced. We invest heavily in ongoing training and work hard to ensure that each and every member of our team feels valued. We endeavour to:
• Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
• Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• Increase employee awareness and training.
Firstly, we incorporate business ethics in our in-house management training and try to inspire our partners and clients to uphold the same high standards.
We will actively invest in Research & Development, be open to suggestions and listen carefully to all ideas from our team and continuously improve the way it operates. Team HolaTECH is committed to the United Nations Global Compact and will act to promote our identity as a socially aware and responsible business and train all team members in on-going training programs operated annually creating awareness about our contribution to the planet.
PRESERVING THE ENVIRONMENT
Apart from legal obligations, Team HolaTECH will proactively protect the environment by way of our team charter. We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to :
• Conserving energy
• Monitoring all water usage • Using environmentally-friendly technologies where possible.
• Carbon footprint will always be considered when travelling and we will use available technologies for conference face-time calls where possible.
• We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
• We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
• We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
• We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
• We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
• Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
• Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
• The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
• We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
• We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
• We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
• We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
• We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
Invested In Tomorrow’s World
Most of Team HolaTECH have been on this planet in excess of half a century and we know greenwashing and a token CSR policy don’t cut it anymore. As our team grows we are uniting both young and the older amongst us to ensure we review our-day-to-day activities as both environmentally responsible and kind to this planet of ours.
Some of the HolaTECH Team stood on the side of the Matterhorn, one of Switzerland´s highest peaks, while others took part in a steady climb on Mount Teide in Tenerife, Spain, and yet we all realised what a small place we occupy in this vast world. We as a team are parents, aunts, uncles, sisters and brothers and we know that, climate change is not some crazy theory, it is our living reality and we must wage a steady war against it.
It can be easy to feel disconnected from nature — especially if, like more than half of the world’s population, you live in a city, where food may seem to appear magically in grocery stores and fresh water comes out of a tap. Yet it’s important to remember that without intact natural areas elsewhere, cities could not exist. Forests help counterbalance the air pollution of cities, absorbing carbon from the atmosphere. Rivers and lakes provide the water that urban residents use every day.
We at Team HolaTECH believe our planet is facing major conservation challenges and it is incumbent on each one of us to take full responsibility for the world we leave behind for our children and grandchildren. The time for discussion has passed and we must be an active force for continued change. As threats like climate change and deforestation continue apace, it’s clear that we must do more to tackle these issues.
As citizens of the world we at Team HolaTECH pledge to do whatever we can to protect this planet of ours and do what is within our personal, company and financial power to support causes who share this ideology.
LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY
We are actively involved in a number of community development initiatives in Switzerland and in Spain offering our time at both organisational and committee level. We support four different global charities through cash donations, pro-bono work and through a mentorship program for women in business in the developing world. Team HolaTECH will encourage its employees to volunteer.